(helping the homeless in Carbon County)
Welcome to Peaceful Knights, a not-for-profit corporation formed to help those in need to have temporary, safe shelter and access to local organizations that provide assistance.
What we do:
1) We offer temporary housing to those that qualify.
2) We have a 3 phase program that grows from temporary housing to a long term arrangement in an apartment.
3) We help adults that are homeless.
4) We assist with necessities such as food, clothing and personal items.
5) We are not for the chronic homeless.
6) We work with other organizations that provide other services.
7) We have a 3 strikes policy with our clients.
8) We offer peer counseling which encourages wise spending habits, job search skills, and a more structured lifestyle.
9) We require our clients that are out of work to spend time applying for jobs and volunteering.
10) We are a Christian Organization that strives to reflect God in all that we do and say.
Our mission is to help homeless and low-income families achieve sustainable independence. We recognize that poverty is a multifaceted problem that requires a multifaceted response. We respond by integrating educational outreach, smart programming, effective policies, and the hands-on work of thousands of volunteers. We provide food, shelter, and support services for homeless families. We provide advice and advocacy for at-risk families to prevent their becoming homeless. And we educate people about poverty and the means to combat it.
What Help is Available for Homeless Veterans?
All Veterans at risk for homelessness or attempting to exit homelessness, as well as their family and friends can access a variety of resources and benefits, such as prevention services, housing support, job training, and healthcare. The National Call Center for Homeless Veterans provides a hotline for free and confidential assistance. Trained VA staff is on-call and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist homeless Veterans and their families at 1.877.4AID VET (877.424.3838). http://www.va.gov/homeless/nationalcallcenter.asp.
READY FOR EVERY DAY AND EVERY DISASTER
Apartment Building in Swissvale Condemned… Tropical Storm Lee Prompts Evacuations…
Hurricane Irene Blasts the Northeast…Pine Meadow Housing Complex To Be Empty By Christmas…
The headlines over the past 6 months offer a compelling reason to make sure that PAHousingSearch.com has the most accurate and up-to-date information available. This free listing service helps disaster survivors and every day people that need to find an apartment to suit their needs. Make sure you are doing your part by listing your rental units and keeping that information current. For help, call 1.877.428.8844 or go to http://www.pahousingsearch.com/.